If you are a CAD Engineer or professional, you must have come across this common problem. Engineering drawings and designs pass through a multiple-stage of revisions and need to be edited often. That’s the prime reason CAD engineers require to convert the paper-based drawings to CAD format, using a PDF to CAD converter.
For making most designs, a PDF is converted to CAD format. Generally, a PDF drawing or a 2D drafting on paper is scanned and imported to a suitable CAD platform for making the mechanical drawings or technical manufacturing drafting available in the most popular DWG format or any other editable standard CAD format.
Why CAD Engineers Use PDF So Often?
The most popular file format – PDFs, remains a perfect way to share data and exchange information. PDF is a file that can be easily transferred from one device to another without many challenges of data distortion and seamlessly Also, PDF supports both raster and vector elements. But working with a PDF file can be a real task. PDFs are non-editable and engineers need an editable standard CAD format to keep changing and revising their file according to the client’s requirement or to the industry standards. One of the most popular editable CAD formats is .dwg.
The PDF formats received by any CAD drafting companies are usually 2D scanned drawings on a paper. Paper to CAd conversion essentially means transforming the design data from PDF to CAD models using a suitable CAD platform like AutoCAD. In CAD software, AutoCAD 2D drawing or 2D drafting will be saved as a .dxf or .dwg file format in AutoCAD, native file format. A DWG file format will support both 2D and 3D geometry which gives ease to the engineer to design and modify the designs based on 360-degree monitoring.
Advantages Of Paper To CAD Conversion:
- Fully Functional Designs: Your drawings will be converted and will be made fully functional and ready for operations as CAD drawings.
- Redesigning: The digital records can be used as a reference design for new projects or redesigning the same project.
- Cost-effective: Directly saving money for paper and man-power for maintaining documents.
- Damage-Free: Digital drawings are rarely prone to damage and loss. No more misplaced drawings or documents.
- Sharing Of Ideas: More people can access the file through email, which increases the scope of ideas on the project and pointing out the errors timely.
CAD conversions can be undertaken for many industry plans involving roofing, planning, flooring, foundations, electricals, exterior elevations and many more. When you outsource the entire process, the main thing you can be sure of being faster turnaround time and perfect accuracy.
Software Used to Convert Paper to CAD:
PDF to CAD Converter gives you the flexibility to edit and modify your drawings and deliver the project to your clients in a presentable manner. Manufacturing companies or Civil engineers can keep their AutoCAD drawings in a digitized format and upgrade them when required.